- Community Development
The Department of Community Development (Development Services) oversees commercial and residential development in the Town of Irondequoit to ensure all applicable regulations are met regarding building construction, fire prevention, property maintenance, land use, planning, and zoning.
The Department encompasses the divisions of Building, Code Enforcement and Fire Marshal, as well as providing administrative and technical support to the Town’s Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals.
The Department also administers the Irondequoit Home Improvement Program (IHIP), which provides grant funds to qualified residents for specified home renovation projects.
- Are there any incentives available for new businesses?
- Why do we need a Community Recreation Center?
- What do I need to do to open a new business in Irondequoit?
- How long does it take to get a permit?
- Do I need a building permit?
- What information do I need to apply for a building permit?
- Can I perform my own work?
- Is a permit required for a storage shed?