- Tax Information
The Receiver of Taxes is responsible for collecting Town, County, and School taxes within the Town of Irondequoit. The Tax Office is also responsible for assisting with all questions and requests regarding tax information.
Tax Due Dates
- Town and County Taxes: Due February 10th
- Town and County tax bills are mailed on the last business day of December each year
- School Taxes: Due October 1st
- School tax bills are mailed on the last business day of August each year
Any time a due date falls on a day in which the Town Offices are closed, or if the Post Office is closed, payments will be accepted on the next business day without penalty or additional interest due.
All Non-Escrow Homeowners: If for any reason you do not receive your tax bills within the first week of mailing, please visit the Monroe County website or contact the Monroe county Treasury at 585-753-1200 for a copy.
According to the Real Property Tax Law Section 922, the failure to mail any statement or the failure of the owner of the property to receive the statement does not in any way affect the validity of the taxes or interest prescribed by law. The Town Tax Office is by law unable to forgive penalties under any circumstance.
Find Your Tax Bill / Pay Online
Tax information and copies of tax bills can be found on the Monroe County website.
- Agree to the Real Property Portal disclaimer by selecting I Agree
- Enter your house number & street name (select from the pulldown menu if similar addresses appear), and click on Search; your property will appear on a new screen with an aerial view.
- Select Pay Property Taxes (green icon, upper right) to view property tax information
- From here, you can view or print tax info (select from the 4 icons at top of page):
- School Tax Statement - most current school tax bill (same as mailed bill)
- Combined Town/County Tax Statement - most current Town/City tax bill (same as mailed bill)
- Duplicate School Statement - indicates payments and current balance
- Duplicate Combined Statement - indicates payments and current balance
Also, from here you can click on Payment History, Pay Taxes, or other icons at bottom of the screen.