- Doing Business
- Assistance & Incentives
Assistance & Incentives
The Town of Irondequoit has staff and partners available to analyze all the options specific to your business. It is our job to assist the businesses in the community achieve their goals with all resources available.
Commercial Property Listings
The Community Development Department has an ongoing list of commercial properties in the Town of Irondequoit. This department works with various commercial realtors in the area in trying to maintain a complete, updated listing. The staff is able to assist you through the site selection or relocation process, identifying your business needs.
The Town of Irondequoit and Monroe County work together to support business development. The Town refers businesses to Monroe County Economic Development for the most advantageous financing programs and incentives. Please call 585-753-2000 or 888-842-1009 to speak directly with a County economic development specialist to determine if the project you are considering qualifies for any of these programs:
- Buying Equipment: Great Rate, Great Rebate, SBA 504, COMIDA
- Purchasing or Constructing a Building: SBA 504, COMIDA, JobsPlus. Enhanced JobsPlus, Green JobsPlus, Shelter Rent Pilot and LeasePlus
- Entrepreneurial Education: The Entrepreneurs Network
- Exporting/Importing: Monroe County Foreign Trade Zone
- Job Training: RochesterWorks!
- Venture Capital: Venture Capital
Industrial & Commercial Incentive Board
The Irondequoit Town Board amended Chapter 210, Article II of the Town Code in order to allow business investment exemption that will incentivize investment in commercial and industrial development within Irondequoit. The 10-year exemption schedule allows property owners to more gradually absorb the increases in assessed value that often result from physical enhancements and/or expansion. The exemption is intended to encourage the improvement or expansion of commercial and industrial developments in all areas of the town.
The Industrial and Commercial Incentive Board recommended that the exemption be available for any commercial and/or industrial property located in a zoning district where such business is permitted, including, but not limited to:
- C-Business District
- M-Manufacturing District
- MUC-Mixed Use Commercial
- RH-River Harbor
- WD-Waterfront Development District
- LLDD-LaSalle’s Landing Development District
- TRR-Tourism and Resort Redevelopment District
See the report (PDF) presented to the Irondequoit Town Board.
The Town of Irondequoit will assign a staff person specifically to your project to assist you in the permitting and approval process.
We can provide a listing of businesses in the Town and their contact person, in conjunction with the Irondequoit Chamber of Commerce.
Bidding on Town Contracts
Our purchasing agent can discuss bidding on services contracted by the Town of Irondequoit.
Turning a Concept into Reality
The Community Development Department and our partners can assist with general business information (financing, location, business plan, etc.) and referrals for commercial and industrial firms.
Other services include:
- Site selection and relocation assistance,
- Access to County, State, and Federal programs and requirements
- Assessment and tax information
- Accessibility to various entities that would be able to further assist
Rory Fitzpatrick, Supervisor
Town of Irondequoit
1280 Titus Avenue Rochester
New York 14617
Email Rory Fitzpatrick